TERMS & CONDITIONS for all Services
Please ensure that the terms and conditions on The Duke & Duchess website are read and understood before a deposit is paid, as payment will indicate that you read, understood and agreed to the terms and conditions.
For the document, the following titles will be defined.
The Hirer – The Duke & Duchess Event Prop Hire
The Client – Person/s who viewed the below document and hired products from the Hirer for a fee
Products – All items hired by the Client from the Hirer
- Upon pick-up or delivery of Goods, Goods are the full responsibility of the Client until they are returned to The Duke & Duchess.
- To secure your booking the Client agrees to place a 20% deposit with The Duke & Duchess Event Prop Hire within 5 days of receiving their invoice. Items are not held without a deposit.
- For all bookings, the balance is due five working days prior to the event.
- The Duke & Duchess Event Prop Hire accepts bank transfer and cash payments.
Jumping Castle Payment Terms
- A full payment of $250 for security bond fully refunded on safe return post event.
- Min 20% deposit payment for jumping castle bookings is required to lock it your booking.
- The remainder is required 3 working days prior to the event date- cancellations within 7 days of the event will forfeit 20% for the total booking amount.
- A credit can be issued for your next event within 12 months of the initial booking, for bookings rescheduled prior to 7 days of the event date.
- The Duke & Duchess Event Prop Hire will hold bonds for any orders picked up from their base in Rouse Hill. The bond will be held until the safe return of all products in the same condition as were hired out to the Client minus any reasonable wear and tear.
- All bonds will be returned to the Client minus any fee incurred either due to late fee/extension fee and breakage/damage fee.
- The amount of bond held will be 20% of the total amount of the products hired plus an additional $100 which will be refunded to the Client once the hired items are returned to The Duke & Duchess Prop Hire in the same condition they were received.
- All cancellations need to be given in writing.
- Cancellations made within 14 days of the event will forfeit their 20% deposit.
- Cancellations made within 30 days of the event will forfeit 50% of the deposit.
- Should the Client wish to cancel this agreement within 7 days of the agreed date, then the Client shall forfeit the total 100% deposit to the Hirer.
- Should the Client wish to cancel this agreement, more than 30 days out to the date agreed then the Hirer will transfer the money to the Client.
- Any other cancellation outside of the above agreement shall be at the discretion of The Duke & Duchess.
- If you cancel your order for your original hire date, you can use your original deposit to reschedule to another date. This is subject to availability and at the discretion of The Duke & Duchess Event Prop Hire.
Cancellation due to COVID
- If your event date is cancelled due to COVID restrictions, your deposit or payment will be held as a credit to be used at a later date. The credit is valid up to 24 months from the date of cancellation.
- If your event is postponed due to COVID, your deposit or payment will be carried forward to your new event date pending availability.
- The Duke & Duchess Event Prop Hire will not be held responsible for any injury to persons or damage to property that may occur due to any products supplied by The Duke & Duchess Event Prop Hire.
Loss & Damage
- Should any item/s become lost, stolen or damaged when in possession of the Client, the Client needs to immediately contact The Duke & Duchess Event Prop Hire.
- The Client agrees to pay for all products lost, destroyed, damaged or not returned to The Duke & Duchess Event Prop Hire.
- Replacement costs will be determined by The Duke & Duchess Event Prop Hire on the current pricing and availability of the items on the market.
- All reimbursements shall be paid by the Client within 48 hours of the drop off or collection.
- The hire period is up to 3 days or as agreed in writing between the Client and the Hirer. Pick up from Rouse Hill base is available on Fridays between 10am and 2pm and drop off the following Monday between 10am and 2pm.
- If a public holiday falls on a Friday, hire items are collected on a Thursday.
- Should the Client fail to return the items on the allocated date, the Client will be charged full hire rates for every day the delivery is delayed, unless agreed upon by The Duke & Duchess Event Prop Hire in writing.
Delivery & Collection
- Cartage fee will occur an extra charge when there is more than a 20m distance from vehicle to event location or when accessing stairs, lifts, an escalator or a steep descent.
- Products are not to be left out in damaging weather, as our items are not waterproof.
- The Hirer asks that the Client wipes down any residue from props with a damp cloth. This applies to all props excluding the Valentina velvet backdrops as cleaning could cause damage to the product. Any damage sustained to the products due to cleaning shall be deemed according to the above Loss & Damaged section. Should loss or damage occur during the time in which the Product is in possession of the client, the Hirer will charge a damage fee to the Client.
- All hire rates include GST and exclude any delivery or bond fees.
- All hiring rates are ONLY for the hiring of products and not for any other services. Any other services agreed upon will be deemed separate to this agreement.
- The Hirer does not set up any products and any installation if agreed, will be outlined in the form of writing by the Hirer.
- The Client consents to allow the Hirer all advertising or an artistic showing of any photos given to the Hirer whether for profit or not.
Jumping Castle Rules of Play
- Absolutely no pets, pens, textas, paint, dye, lollies, food, drinks, spray silly string, streamers, party poppers, glitter, water, sand, mud, dirt or other sticky substances are allowed on the jumping castle(s) at any time. If any of these items or any items are found to have been in or on the jumping castle(s), an additional cleaning fee will apply. If any stains deemed by us to be severe are to be found on the castle, a damage or replacement fee may apply.
- A maximum of SIX (6) to TEN (10) children are permitted on the jumping castle(s) at any one time, depending on maximum weight loads.
- Total maximum weight at any one time should not exceed 200kg for the 4x4m jumping castles and 250kg for the large 6x5m.
- No one person weighing 110kg or more is permitted on the jumping castle(s).
- Adults are permitted on the jumping castle(s) if supervising or assisting a child in need of care but must adhere to the maximum weight allowance.
- All riders must remove shoes and socks before playing on the jumping castle(s).
- To avoid injuries; flips, wrestling and rough play is not allowed.
- No toys, jewellery, glasses, sharp or foreign objects of any kind are permitted on the castle(s).
- A person over the age of 18 years MUST be present to supervise children on the jumping castle(s) AT ALL TIMES. The safety of children is your responsibility at all times.
- Once set-up for use, the jumping castle(s) must not be moved.
- The hirer (Lessee) must ensure the area where the jumping castle will be set up is free of pet droppings, rocks, sticks, glass or any other debris or sharp objects.
- Pets must be restrained or removed from the area during the duration of the jumping castle(s) hire. If pets have been found to have been on the jumping castle, an additional cleaning fee OR damage fee (dependant on damage) will apply.
- Prior to your event, we ask that you please ensure there is adequate space for our jumping castles, that the location that our products will be sited is accessible and you have cleared the area of debris and that power is available no more than 20 metres from the installation site.
- For the hygeine, health and safety of our crew, our equipment and our customers, delivery and instalment of your castle will not proceed should there be animal faeces, furniture or debris located in the delivery or setup path or location of our castles and your booking fee will be FORFEITED. We will be unable to provide a credit if we cannot deliver your product due to a lack of space, accessibility, hygeine or due to an inappropriate location.